The lower back is connected to the back of each leg through a large nerve. This nerve is called the sciatic nerve. The pressure that affects this nerve leads to Sciatica.
Symptoms of Sciatica in Seymour IN
- Pain in the lower back
- Pain in the leg or rear that worsens when you sit
- Pain in the hip
- Tingling or burning sensation down your leg
- Regular aches on one rear side
- Numbness, weakness or difficulty in mobility of your legs
- Hurting excessively which leads to difficulty in standing up
Sciatica commonly affects one part of the lower body. The discomfort moves from the lower back through the thigh then towards the leg. The location of the affected nerve determines whether the discomfort transfers to your toes or feet. Some people may experience unbearable and extreme soreness while others may experience exasperating and occasional soreness, which could worsen. You should seek chiropractic care if you experience any of the above-named symptoms. Chiropractors in Seymour IN can help you deal with sciatica.
Causes of Sciatica in Seymour IN
Apart from the root(s) exasperation of the lumbosacral spine and the lower lumbar, there are additional causes of sciatic nerve pain like:
- Degenerative disc disease which occurs when discs that act as cushions between the vertebrae break down
- Muscle spasms in the buttocks or back
- Spondylolisthesis which happens when one vertebra overlaps another
- Lumbar spinal stenosis which is the narrowing of the lower back spinal canal
Being overweight, wearing high heels, sleeping on a very soft mattress and irregular exercising are other things that may worsen your lower back pain.